a reach toward a deeper breath
a reminder to enjoy it
Inspired by frequent sojourns to India and forty days’ worth of silent Buddhist meditation retreats, Heather offers her students yoga philosophy nuggets to cultivate a deeper practice and greater sense of well-being. She balances the inspiring with the practical and the uplifting with the grounding, so that students may carry lightness and mindfulness with them off their mats and into the world.
Heather’s classes draw from her knowledge of physical alignment, Ayurveda, traditional yoga teacher training, and Chinese Medicine. Whether through a gentle, nourishing practice or an energizing vinyasa flow, when we infuse our postures with the breath, we reap the boundless rewards of a yoga practice—rewards that extend beyond the hour in the studio.
Drawing insight from yoga tradition, Ayurveda, and Chinese medicine, we can customize a routine incorporating physical postures, breathwork, and relaxation techniques. You will receive recommendations and a daily plan specifically tailored to your optimum happiness and wellness!
- 200-hour YogaWorks (2005)
- 200-hour Yoga One (2007 & 2009)
- Anusara Immersion (2007)
- Over 4,000 hours of studio teaching, from gentle stretching to strenuous vinyasa flows
- Master of Science in Traditional Oriental Medicine, specializing in acupuncture, herbology, biomedicine, and anatomy
- 6 voyages to India to study the roots and culture of yoga, Ayurveda, Hinduism, & Buddhism
- Retreats in California, India, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, and Mexico
“When my knees began to ache a couple years ago, I scheduled a personal consultation with Heather Fenwick … I’m back in the dance studio, and still bicycling to and from weekend coffee dates.”